Discover with Softeando the Twitch Partner Program.
What is the Twitch Partner Program?
The Twitch Partner Program is an initiative of the platform to promote the growth and monetization of content creators who stream live on its platform. This program provides a series of benefits and special tools to help creators build their audience, increase their reach, and earn revenue from their live streams.
How does it work?
The Twitch Partner Program is available to any content creator who meets the eligibility criteria set by the platform. Creators who meet these criteria can apply to be part of the program. Once accepted, content creators will have access to a series of tools and benefits that will help them enhance their Twitch experience.
Benefits and Advantages
- Commissions on subscriptions and bits: content creators can earn a commission for each subscription and each bit they receive during their live streams.
- Monetization tools: content creators can use a series of special monetization tools to earn revenue from their live streams. These tools include ads, donations, sponsorships, and product sales.
- Priority support: content creators have access to priority support from the Twitch team, meaning they can get help more quickly to resolve any issues they may have with the platform.
- Access to special features: content creators have access to special features like custom emoticons, personalized chat badges, and 1080p60 quality streams.
- Promotional opportunities: content creators can participate in special promotions and be featured on Twitch's main page, allowing them to reach an even larger audience.
Criteria for Joining
To join the Twitch Partner Program, content creators must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have streamed for at least 25 hours in the last 30 days
- Have at least 75 followers
- Have streamed on at least 12 different days in the last 30 days
- Not have violated the Twitch Terms of Service
Who Decides if You Qualify?
The final decision to determine if a content creator qualifies for the Twitch Partner Program, obviously, is made by Twitch. Applicants must submit an application through the Twitch dashboard and the team will review the application and make a decision based on the eligibility criteria and program requirements. Twitch has the authority to approve or reject an application at its own discretion.
What Contracts Does Twitch Offer for Creators?
If you are accepted into the Twitch Partner Program, you can access various types of contracts, depending on your situation and the offer made by the platform. Some of the types of contracts available are:
- Affiliate contracts: affiliate contracts are the initial level of Twitch's affiliate program. If you are accepted into the partner program, you can access higher levels of affiliate contracts.
- Exclusive contracts: some content creators are offered exclusive contracts that require them to stream only on Twitch and not on other platforms.
- Non-exclusive contracts: non-exclusive contracts allow content creators to stream on Twitch as well as other platforms.
- Sponsored contracts: some content creators receive sponsored contracts, where they are paid by brands or companies to promote products or services on their streams.
Being a part of the Twitch Partner Program is a significant achievement for any content creator. It offers a range of benefits and opportunities that can help them grow their audience and monetize their content effectively. However, it is important to meet the eligibility criteria and to understand the various types of contracts that Twitch offers to make the most of this opportunity.
Are you ready to take your streaming career to the next level? Apply for the Twitch Partner Program today!